The third day of my visit with my parents was spent thrifting (small town = better thrift stores) and going to the most amazing antique market I have ever seen. It was housed on three floors within a massive building that had once been an abattoir. Really, it was more like a museum of fantastic collections of vintage things, and they could have charged us admission to see it and I would have considered that money well spent. We must have spent three hours there! Here are just some of the pictures I took. As far as purchases went, I bought myself a kitten figurine, which I will show you when I do an entry on my figurine collection. Also got a crystal shot glass for the mister, shaped like a little tiny beer mug. And since this visit is in honour of my mother’s birthday, she picked out a cute bracelet with dogs on it.
I live in the Queen Street West neighbourhood of Toronto, with my husband Nick and our cat Eddie.
As well as loving photography, I'm into art of all types, vintage housewares and accessories, entertaining, cooking and making things.
Thanks for checking out my blog!
- Friendship and Fresh Donuts at Little Nicky’s
- Time with my Sister : Gifting, Thrifting and Eating
- Valentine’s Day at Our Place Including Some Delectable Sweet Treats
- For the Crocheters Out There : How to Make a Heart Garland
- How to Make a Heart-Shaped Decoration for your Wall
- A Saturday Night Lady Date : Movie, Food and Drinks
- Grey Days in the City
- Stepping into a Colourful Oasis : The Art of Dave Melnychuk
To receive new posts directly to your inbox,
Contact by email :louloudowntown (at) gmail (dot) com