The third day of my visit with my parents was spent thrifting (small town = better thrift stores) and going to the most amazing antique market I have ever seen. It was housed on three floors within a massive building that had once been an abattoir. Really, it was more like a museum of fantastic collections of vintage things, and they could have charged us admission to see it and I would have considered that money well spent. We must have spent three hours there! Here are just some of the pictures I took. As far as purchases went, I bought myself a kitten figurine, which I will show you when I do an entry on my figurine collection. Also got a crystal shot glass for the mister, shaped like a little tiny beer mug. And since this visit is in honour of my mother’s birthday, she picked out a cute bracelet with dogs on it.
I live in the Queen Street West neighbourhood of Toronto, with my husband Nick and our cat Eddie.
I'm into art of all types, history, entertaining, cooking, making things and collecting vintage housewares.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
- At the Gallery : The Georgia O’Keeffe Exhibition at The AGO
- All Dressed Up With a Good Place to Go : The Conservatory of Music’s Royal Occasion
- At the Art Gallery : A Special First Thursday Event at the AGO
- A Night of Live Music
- Dinner and Laughs – The Time Machete at Comedy Bar
- Easter at Our Place – 2017
- Dinner and Art with Meghan
- Double the Goodness : Two Friends Read Their Poetry
To receive new posts directly to your inbox,
Contact by email :louloudowntown (at) gmail (dot) com