Here’s a nutritious, inexpensive and tasty recipe for Salmon Cakes that Nick makes fairly regularly, using canned salmon. It is quick and easy to make and the patties can be used as a meat/protein course alongside some vegetables or served in a bun like a burger with your favourite toppings. One can (213g) of salmon serves four people.
The homemade Tartar Sauce that goes so nicely with them is very easy to make and tastes great. It could be served with any of your fish dishes.
Salmon Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 1 can of salmon (213g), drained
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 large slice of onion, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 tsp salt and a generous grinding of black pepper
- Mix and match vegetables : 1 radish, 4 mushrooms, hot pepper(s), 1 green onion, 1 inch fresh ginger root … use what you like from this list, finely chopped.
Mix together salmon, bread crumbs, garlic, lemon rind, salt & pepper, and additional vegetables.
Then add eggs and olive oil. Mix until combined and shape into patties – it’s quick and easy to shape them using a soup ladle and spatula, or you can use your hands.
Place on oiled baking sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until crispy on the outside.
Easy to make salmon burgers
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tsp chopped capers
- 2 medium sized dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 olives (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
Mix everything together and serve.
Traditional creamy seafood sauce
Ingredients part 3
Instructions part 3
Description part 3
Ingredients part 4
Instructions part 4
Description part 4
Recipe for Tartar Sauce: (measurements are approximate. Add more or less as per your taste).
Thanks for reading! Hope you try the recipes.