It was my turn to make dinner and I was in the mood to try something different with some frozen fillets of Cod. I am glad I did because it turned out very nicely. We both really liked it and will definitely be having it again.
I made a chunky sauce that included tomatoes, olives and capers, which I spooned over the fish and baked. The resulting dish gave plenty of sauce to spoon over the boiled new potatoes served on the side.
I made 4 servings so we ate it twice, warming the leftovers in the toaster oven the next day.
It was so easy to make, but looks and tastes like you tried!
Fish Baked with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers
- 4 – 6 fillets of frozen white fish. (I used Cod)
- About 1 cup chopped tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes cut in half)
- Around 12 olives, pitted and chopped. (I used green but black would work too)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- About 1 tablespoon finely diced mild onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Some hot pepper, amount dependent on how hot you like things
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- About 1 tablespoon fresh herbs. I used a combination of oregano and rosemary but use what you have. Dill would be good, as would tarragon.
Preheat oven at 425 degrees. Place frozen fish into a single layer in an oven proof dish.
Mix sauce ingredients together and spoon evenly over fish.
Bake, uncovered for 17 to 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked and topping is hot.
Serve with potatoes or rice and spoon the broth and sauce over top.
Fresh herbs, capers and peppers with white fish.
Ingredients part 2
Instructions part 2
Description part 2
Ingredients part 3
Instructions part 3
Description part 3
Ingredients part 4
Instructions part 4
Description part 4
Thanks for taking a look. Wishing you a terrific Friday and excellent weekend to come. Nick got home from work early today and we are going to have our first bbq of the year!